Summary: The Week-End Shift Supervisor directly supervises 9 to 15+ employees and coordinates activities of workers engaged in fabrication and assembly of sheet metal products. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for weekly hand off with day shift managers. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers performing fabrication, welding, paint and assembly duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Monitors employees’ productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Responsible for following procedures in the Company’s ISO quality system.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product and increase efficiency of shop, department and/or work crew.
- Analyzes and works directly with employees to troubleshoot and problem solve issues.
- Maintains time and production records meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Inspects materials, parts, products, work in progress and finished products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel of need for service or repair.
- Analyzes work orders and blueprints to determine information such as material to be used, type of operations, and sequence of operations required. Determines priorities and assigns work orders to employees.
- Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on productions schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Plans flow of material through the department and verify everything that leaves the department is complete.
- Computer skills; know or have the ability to learn and be efficient in Microsoft Office, uniPoint, JobBoss.
- Analyze work orders to estimate workers hours and create machining schedules to meet both internal and external needs.
- Maintains and ensure all documentation required by OSHA and Company safety programs are compliant.
- Identifies employees’ skills and develops them by coaching/counseling on a regular basis.
- Conducts performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: An Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required for this position. The 2nd Shift Supervisor must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Hours are: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 6:00a – 6:00p (We pay week-end shift differential)