Summary: Prepares metal fabrication estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work. Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze metal fabrication blueprints and data to determine materials, time, cost, labor requirements and manufacturability.
- Sets up router/traveler to include complete instructions in order to process orders successfully through production.
- Has the ability to determine whether to accept or reject potential jobs based on fit with Pro Fabrication’s capabilities and workload; has ability to set profitable pricing within the
parameters pre-set by Pro Fabrication.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; prepares bids and determines cost
- Reviews process to determine which machine to use internally or whether it would be more cost effective to outsource.
- Will review and may process Purchase Orders and will be accountable for accuracy.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or cost reductions.
- May consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates, any changes and adjustments, and resolve issues, by responding promptly to
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages information in cost estimating database (JOBBOSS software) and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Follows company procedures for job scheduling.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast often changing environment with the ability to manage conflicting priorities. Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; and 3+ years’ metal fabrication experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Metal fabrication experience is required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Hours are: Monday – Friday with Exact Hours TBD