Summary: Pro Fabrication, Inc. has an opening for a Drafting Supervisor. Directly supervises a team of drafters/programmers in our Drafting department. Coordinates activities of drafting department to design, manufacture, and test components, products, and systems. Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Detail oriented, ability to lead, proven supervisory experience in a drafting/programming function preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works from engineered drawings and specifications, uses knowledge of punch machine operations, and develops code to control machine operation.
- Determines reference points and direction of machine cutting paths.
- Creates instruction sheets and cutting lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Prepare process plans, include positioning of carriage and/or tool, rate of feed, speed of rotation, tool changes, type of tool, sequence of operations and other variables.
- Writes program of machine instructions in symbolic language to encode direct numerical control database to regulate movement of machine along cutting or punching path.
- Works directly with machines and machine operators to verify the accuracy and safety of programs.
- Observes operation of machine on trial run or simulation to proof programmer instructions.
- Works independently on projects of moderate complexity but have ready access to assistance from more experienced staff or supervisors.
- Strong mathematical skills, reading comprehension and excellent communication skills are required
- Uses Computer Assisted Drafting Design (CADD) equipment and software
- Breaks down information obtained from customer specification, sketches, layout drawings and instruction furnished by others. Will convert the information into detailed drawings with section views, dimension, assemblies, and weldments.
Qualifications: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, and 3 years’ experience as a drafter, technician or machinist or equivalent combination of education and experience. In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Knowledge/experience in Solid Works is preferred. Solid modeling is required.
Hours are: Monday – Friday with exact hours TBD.