Summary: Under the direct supervision of the department supervisor, use hand-welding equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products. Must have basic knowledge and understanding of welding, grinding etc. Robot Welding experience preferred.
Qualifications: First level of production welding, requiring technical training in welding and 1 year or less of related welding experience or equivalent. In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- *Must be able to demonstrate entry level welding ability on steel and progress to welding on aluminum and stainless steel.
- Positions material to be welded, using standard fixtures in most cases, and applies hand-eye coordination to achieve the desired weld.
- Ability to weld components in all positions; flat, vertical, horizontal and overhead.
- Regulates heat and wire speed of Mig and pulse arch welders.
- Ability to run and use Mig, and pulse arch wire feed welders, plasma torch, oxyacetylene cutting, stick weld, and other welding equipment.
- Familiar with TIG welding techniques and has the ability to progress with training to be efficient.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, grind and/or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials and notify supervisor.
- Inspects completed parts for defects measuring the work pieces to make sure they follow the print and ensures welds are free of voids, excess fill material and slag is cleaned up.
- Uses air tools such as grinders, cutting wheels and dual action sander/grinders.
- Grinding: Must have ability to grind/DA excess welds to desired finish.
- Checks and monitors the fitting and welding processes to avoid warping or distortion of materials.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from specifications, drawings, prints, and basic welding symbols.
- Confers with Supervisor to receive instructions and exchange production information.
- Ability to use and read measuring tools-tape measure, calculator, square, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Hours are: TBD