Summary: Prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work. Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze blue prints and data to determine material, time, cost, materials and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists. Sets up router/traveler to process orders through production.
- Has the authority to accept or reject potential jobs based on fit with Pro Fabrication’s capabilities and work load; has authority to set pricing within the parameters pre-set by Pro Fabrication.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Reviews process to determine which machine to use internally or whether is would be more cost effective to outsource.
- Will process Purchase Orders and check for discrepancies.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates, any changes and adjustments, and resolve issues, by responding promptly to customers needs.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages information in cost estimating database (JobBoss software) and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Follows company procedures for job scheduling.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast pace often changing environment with the ability to manage conflicting priorities. Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous metal fabrication experience desired. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours are: Exact Hours TBD